Thursday, July 05, 2007

tape down in the laundry room

laundry room- 7/05/07
The blue tape is FINALLY down in the laundry room, for the first time since I think Christmas. The single coat I put on the woodwork yesterday seems to be doing well. I might move the dryer all the way out again and try to paint the baseboard back there, but that is all. The baseboards behind the washer can't be seen and the washer is much harder to move than the dryer and won't move out as far. With the shelf up, the dryer cleaned off, the woodwork painted and the tape down, the laundry room is really starting to look good. I'd like to get some different sort of cabinet to hold the towels and sheets, as they will not all fit in the little chest of drawers I have in there currently. I have seen one that I think might work at Target in the past, but that will have to be on hold for right now.

I was worried about how the painter's tape would come off, since it has been up since Christmas-time I think, but other than a few areas, it came off really well. Since I still have some of the buff paint poured out, I think I will try to paint the crown moulding in my bedroom this weekend, then all the tape can be down in my room as well. I also need to touch up a few areas of wall color in the laundry room and also in the bathroom.

It is nice to be painting again, I've got some more touching up to do at various points in the house. Touching up the area were the crown moulding meets the ceiling in the dining room will be a major job, but something I might tackle once I get my room finished. And, I still need to repaint the top part of the crown moulding in my mother's room.

Right now, I have so many mosquito bites that they are actually making me sick. I tried burning citronella candles while I worked in the yard yesterday, but I don't know how much good that did. Between the heat, humidity and the bugs I am not much for yard work right now. I could stand to get out and cut some on the grass again with the weedeater this weekend, but we will see how I feel. This time of year there isn't a bunch to do, other than try to keep up with the weeds and the watering. I do think that slugs are attacking my Wide Brim hosta as it looked kind of eaten today. I need to put down some coffee grounds and see if that solves the problem.

No comments: