Monday, July 23, 2007

decorating

carved trayYesterday when we were over in storage I went through a bunch of boxes and found some neat things to decorate the house. A few were things I was looking for, including a photograph my mom took when she was in college (she was a photography major) that I had thought was an Ansel Adams print. We also found a really neat wooden tray that was carved by my great-grandfather. After seeing it, I do remember it hanging in the dining room when I was a child. I have now hung it in the corner in our dining room.

south shore lineToday I finally got to Hobby Lobby again to look at their frames and see about their mat prices. Their mat prices are MUCH cheaper than anywhere else and bring it into the realm of affordable, so hopefully I will be getting some things matted soon. I had also recently rediscovered a poster I had bought on ebay back when we first bought the house. I had intended it to go in the dining room and it was my attempt to find something that was similar to the vintage looking prints you see for sale for big bucks on the Craftsman sites. I think the frame I found was just perfect and I am very happy about how it looks. I'll get it matted at a later point in time.

I am hoping that maybe soon I will be able to get Azali's Domain matted and on the wall. I also need to find some of the beautiful old ads I have and see what size I would need to mat and frame them as well. I had almost forgotten that I had planned to someday have them framed and use them to decorate my room.

Also made vegan brownies with tofu this evening. I was hoping they would be more fudgy than the last recipe I made and they are. I would like to know why Mori Nu vacumn packed tofu has suddenly become an item that is VERY hard to find.

No comments: