Sunday, July 15, 2007

still touching up paint

yellow peppermint stick zinnia
Watered the yard and did some light weeding this morning and also sprayed the rest of the can of bug spray down by the camellias. It did seem like there were fewer mosquitos out but I don't know if that was because it was cooler this morning or that the bug spray had worked. If I am still battling the mosquitos next week, I'm going to get some of that spray that mixes with water and try that. We did get a little bit of rain this afternoon. I don't know how much since I still haven't gotten a rain gauge.

I painted the first coat of white paint on the left window today, painted the outside of the door frame and used the small brush to touch up some ofthe left window. I think the door frame is done, since I had already put one coat of paint on parts of it. I am not sure about another coat of paint on the window since it already had the primer on it. I am going to wait a day and think. Due to the rain, I figure the paint is probaby taking a little longer to dry today. I also did not get back to the duct tape removal project. I am thinking about buying a thing of shop towels, as I think a cloth towel might be better than paper towels. I am thinking about buying some sort of siding wash, as the front of the house could definitely stand to be washed and all of the window frames need to be washed as well.

I have not done anything today as far as working on getting stuff hung up on the walls. I need 4 9 X 12 frames for one set of prints and an 18 X 24 frame and mat for my large Azali's Domain print. Getting a mat cut for it seems to be MUCH more expensive than I would have guessed and the person I spoke to at Michaels was downright rude. I did see some uncut mat board at Hobby Lobby for $6.99 and at that price we can try to cut it ourselves. Frames are also not going to be cheap, so that project may be on hold for a bit.

No comments: