Monday, July 02, 2007

grow it, use it- peppers again

This evening I made another dish from Garden of Vegan. This one used 1 cup of basi, which was actually a mixed cup of basil from the cutting back I did the other day. I actually had 3 different types of basil, all of which I have grown from seed: sweet basil, purple basil (not very purple yet) and the Summerlong Sweet basil (which despite supposedly being a late flowering variety is already trying to flower...). The recipe also called for a hot pepper, so I used one of my Thai Hot pepppers. Today I harvested 2 jalapenos, 1 cayenne and 5 Thai peppers. I need to find another recipe that uses hot peppers.

I bought a packet of cilantro seeds at Home Depot yesterday and got 2 packets of seeds for one of my co-workers. I am going to pull the pansies out of one of the pots and sow the cilantro seeds in that. Probably a task for the 4th.

No comments: