Monday, July 09, 2007

painting the door

I ran outside this AM and gave the veggies a quick watering. I am definitely finding bugs on my eggplant. Of course, when I was a Big Lots today I forgot to look for a sprayer. Maybe tomorrow... This evening we had some badly needed rain, so I am hoping I can get away without doing any watering in the morning. My tumbling tom is getting ready to go. He has a whole bunch of almost ripe tomatos right now, but no flowers what so ever, so once those tomatos ripen, it is curtains. I want to stop by Country Boys and pick up another Tom if they still have any. I think I should have time to get another plant and crop in before the frost, just hope it isn't too hot for flowers to form. But, my other tomatos are still flowering, so that is a good sign.

This evening, I did a little bit of painting. I started by touching up the crown moulding in the dining room, getting in the little areas between the ceiling and crown moulding where you could still see white. I did get more brown on the ceiling, but right now I am at the it has got to look worse before it can look better stage. Tomorrow I will start working on taping off the crown moulding and touching up the ceiling. I am hoping I can get the dining room looking as good as my room.

living room door- 7/9/07Then because I still have some brown paint left over, I started working on painting the inner door frame. I got that painted and STILL had some brown paint and then I started painting the door. Of course, that required filling my pan two more times, but I got a first coat of paint on the door. I will need to actually OPEN the door to finish painting the inner frame. That will have to wait for decent weather, when I can put the dogs outside.

I also stopped at Home Depot to discuss the plans for painting the window mullions. Think I'm going to clean them off lightly with some Simple Green and let them dry, then prime them with the Zinser 1 2 3. I will at some point have to attempt using the silicone caulk I bought last September to work on the laundry room window, which still badly needs to be caulked (and of course repainted...). I think working on the windows will be my weekend project. I'm off work both days this weekend, so I should be able to make some progress. Working on the dining room ceiling won't take as long (not moving any furniture) so it is my after work project.

My major cooking project of the week is going to be locating and cooking a recipe with my homegrown eggplant. I finally found Sriracha hot sauce that about a million recipes call for today. So, that should help. I did find a Chinese inspired eggplant and squash recipe that sounded like it could be good. I may work on whipping that up.

I have a bunch more coleus that are rooted up and ready for new homes, as well as some more mints. I think my mom and I will take them to work on Wednesday, when we both go in late, which will give us more time to organize the plants. I have enough basil for another batch of pesto, so I think I'm going to make some more pesto for myself. I should buy another pack of pizza crusts and use up the last of my old pesto making pesto pizzas to take for lunches at work. I also still have 1/2 a recipe of mint chocolate chip cookie dough that isn't getting any younger. I need to cook that soon or toss it.

No comments: