Sunday, July 08, 2007

new house numbers up

The new house numbers are now up. I ended up sticking them in with wood putty instead of the construction adhesive as the directions recommended, as they seemed to be staying pretty well without any help. I think the new house numbers look a lot better than the old ones, and it is nice to make the change, even though it is not much.

house number before
house number before
house number after
house number after


I got all the tape down in my bedroom and got the whole place put back together. It is looking really nice now. I did get the hole drilled in the closet door, but as the knob I bought was actually a cabinet knob, the screw that holds it on is not long enough, so I will have to go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a longer screw before I can actually attach the knob. There is always something...

bedroom

I actually did a lot of work this weekend, but as most of it was touching up here and there an little things, when you look around you can barely tell I did anything! Oh well, some of the places where the window frames needed to be repainted that bug me will now no longer bug me, and I don't have to look at ANY blue tape on the walls or at the crown moulding with splashes of pink paint on it. A bunch of little stuff I should have taken care of long ago, but got sidetracked with cold weather or gardening have now been done, so that makes me feel good.

My next big house project I would like to tackle is repainting the mullions on the front of the house. I do have some white exeterior paint, so maybe I can work on that project next weekend. There are also some more window frames I want to touch up inside with the brown paint. My next major touch-up job will be working on the ceiling in the dining room, which got too painted when I was trying to paint the crown moulding. I think I amy be able to do it all without moving any furniture, except the part over the desk, and I can't move the desk. We will probably have to live with that part...

No comments: