Sunday, July 08, 2007

more work around the house

Started out the morning in the yard as ususal watering. Everything is looking pretty good. The eggplant lost several more leaves overnight and on the back of one of the leaves I could see dead insects. Someone suggested the problem could be flea beatles and said the plant shouldn't die if it loses some of its leaves. The newer growth at the top is still looking okay I guess. I dead headed some of the zinnias and pulled some dead stalks out of the daylilies and removed some dead leaves. I also spread used coffee grounds around my Wide Brim hosta to try to keep the slugs away and some more around my hydrangea as fertilizer. I did get some new mosquito bites despite using the Cutter wipes and wearing citronella bracelets. However, guess the prednisone is doing something as I am not itching as much today.

Got my room done I hope. I'm currently waiting on the last of the wall color touch-ups to dry. I did the bathroom touch-ups and applied some Zinser 1 2 3 before painting to one area where rust kept bleeding through. Hopefully this will help keep it looking good for longer. I also touched up the one window frame I had sanded and got the formerly crooked blind rehung straighter I hope (though it still looks slightly crooked). Also did a few other touch-ups here and there with the brown paint.
living room view
I started working on the numbers. After lots of measuring and pre-drilling, I got the holes drilled and of course they didn't quite match up. The wood was quite difficult to drill through in some areas and it was literally smoking! I'm glad I have my drill but as hard as some of the wood is in this house, sometimes I think I need a professional strength drill!! Currently each number will only hang by 2 of the 3 posts, but they seem pretty secure. Then I spackled in the other holes and also kind of spackled the whole post. I am waiting for the spackle to dry, then I will repaint it and have to wait for the paint to dry. I figure I will probably be hanging the numbers tomorrow night.

The living room is all put back together except for all my clothes from my room that are currently on the couch. I need to work on getting them hung back up. Then, once the last of the paint is dry I can move my computer desk back and my room will be back together. Figure that is something for after dinner tonight. Just remembered that I wanted to drill a hole for the correct placement of the knob on my one closet door. I might go see about working on that now.
fireplace

No comments: