Monday, July 16, 2007

decorating dilemma

My walls are still bare in a lot of places in the house. I have several prints I'd really like to get framed, BUT they are non-standard size, so a pre-made frame is not an option as is. I originally thought it would be cheaper to buy a standard size frame and have a mat cut to fit my print, but mats seem to be quite expensive. I am now leaning toward looking into have custom frames made and see how that compares in price to custom mats, especially as custom frames (but not mats) seem to be 50% off all the time- what does that tell you about the mark-up?!

Of course, all that costs money. I still need to have my living room light installed, which will make that room look a lot better. So, what to spend my money on... not that I really have any money to spend right now, but still. I did splurge and get the $7 frames for my daylily photos, I am hoping we can finally get them hung on the living room wall later this week.

Did not water this AM as I figured that the rain took care if it last night. The pots did look a bit dry, but I will water them all in the morning. I harvested 3 jalapenos, including a RED jalapeno, a cayenne and some more Thai hot peppers. After reading that peppers can be frozen, I stuck a bunch of Thai hots in the freezer. I am planning Jerk Tofu for tomorrow night and figure that will use up some of either the cayennes or jalapenos. I may be sending my mom to work with hot peppers.

I also noticed that I have a bunch of baby bell peppers on several different plants. Let's hope I can get a few of them to maturity...

No comments: