Wednesday, July 11, 2007

dining room ceiling & crown moulding

orange daylily
This morning before work I taped off all the crown moulding in the dining room and repainted the edge of the ceiling, to paint over all the brown on the ceiling. I tried really hard to push down the tape and was hoping it would turn out as nicely as the line between the wall and crown moulding had in my bedroom. Unfortunately, it didn't work quite so well and I now again have a bunch of ceiling paint on my crown moulding. It is not too noticible, but it still bugs me. I am going to get a small still art brush and try to fix the problem maybe tomorrow or Friday after work.

We did not get our promised rain today, so I'm going to have to water tomorrow morning. I only did a bit of work in the yard today, cutting back the in-ground coleus that had started flowering. I think they should be okay. I have been too rushed getting off to work in the morning lately to get any of the coleus I have rooted up taken in and I'm still waiting on some other cuttings to root. I really need to cut back my two big coleus pots this weekend, as they are starting to look overgrown. I also think my Big Daddy petunias need to be cut back as well. They are still flowering some, but are getting leggy and not as lush looking. I may just go for it and hack them all back and move them out of sight for awhile. Hopefully they will start growing well again and if not I'll just dump them and put in some marigolds or something. I don't think the nemisia I cut back earlier this year is making it. It has tried to put out one of two little bits of growth on one stem, but the rest of it looks dead. Oh well, it was pretty while it lasted and it is not known as a plant that can really take the heat.

I am trying to start thinking about fall veggies, but I just don't quite know what I am going to do. I may just give it a rest and worry about putting in pansies and trying to get all my perennials in pots safe for the winter. I need to buy some more potting soil and I am going to repot my sage, rosemary and thyme pot, as the sage does not seem to have grown at, the rosemary doesn't seem to be growing either and the thyme just isn't looking so hot. Think the soil in their pot may just be worn out and they may be over crowded as well.

No comments: