Wednesday, July 04, 2007

odds and ends

Today I was off work because of the 4th. I had wanted to paint the woodwork in the laundry room, but it was cooler outside today, so I spent the morning and early afternoon watering and weeding. I also decided that the Roma tomato needed to be staked, so it now has a 6 foot stake in its pot. I think this was a good idea.

Finally got a good picture of the large beautyberry today, now that it is leafed out and looking better.
Big Beautyberry- July 2007
Large Beautyberry- July 2007

This is a far cry from how it looked back when it was first planted and I wasn't sure it would even survive.
Big Beautyberry- October 2006
Large Beautyberry- October 2006

I did buy 2 new knobs and changed out the nasty looking knobs on the bathroom cabinet. It is a little thing, but sometimes just doing the little things that bug you can be nice. We also bought a tool caddy, which I have put all my gardening tools I keep around the house in and it fits on the new laundry room shelf. The dryer is finally cleared and cleaned off. We are slowly making progress here and there.

All the veggies and herbs are still growing along. I am hoping that maybe by the end of the month I will have some tomatos other than the cherry tomatos. I will probably need to either pull up and replace or try to root a piece of Tumbling Tom when the tomatos he currently has are all ripe as I have not seen any flowers for weeks. Guess he is finishing up for the year...

perennial bed- July 2007
Perennial bed- July 2007

No comments: