Sunday, November 04, 2007

washing the porch

This afternoon, after we got home from NC, I watered the yard, then worked on trying to clean the front porch. I used the new little high pressure nozzle I bought the other day and it did a pretty good job in a lot of places, I even washed off the front of the house. The water also took off some of the grey porch paint. What ever type of paint the underlying blue paint is, the grey paint was not the right type to paint over successfully.

I think a winter project might be trying to do something with the porch. I need to somehow first remove all the grey paint and then figure out what I can paint over the exisiting blue paint. I also would like to scrub at the porch some and see if I can get it cleaner. Next time, I will also get some kind of squeegy to help remove the water from the porch, as I think this will make the task easier.

I just looked out the window and thought that it was getting dark early, then realized that today was the first day of daylight savings. So long working in the yard after work, at least until late spring.

No comments: