Friday, November 16, 2007

shopping for tile, raking leaves, cleaning

I was off work today and went shopping for tile. I found exactly what I was looking for, but it was $9.81/square foot. I found something else that was close to what I want but it was $6.35/square foot. I have decided to just but an $11 box of the tile that is already in the bathroom and not pull up the good tile that is still down. I just need to add some sort of compound to level out the floor in the bathroom and I will be ready to tile.

The water heater hut is now dry on the front, but still damp on the top. I brushed off the leaves, and if we don't get any more rain, it should be ready to paint next week. I raked up 2 bags of leaves today and raked some more into the start of some piles. I did get all the catalpa leaves out from around the front tree. They had almost buried the hellabore. The hellabore is putting out some nice new foliage and I hope that I will get some blooms this year.

I was running out of bags and raking leaves is not one of my favorite things, so I switched to cleaning the kitchen floor. I really need to break out the vacumn, as there is a lot of wood dust from the bathroom, but didn't get that far today. I did sweep it well, used some cleaner on some of the worst areas and damp swiffered the whole floor. I think it looks pretty good now. I have been trying to find another runner like the one long one I have to put in front of the sink and counter, but Target seems to have stopped making that style. They now make a somewhat similar rug, but it has a red stripe in it and I don't want that for my kitchen. I found another rug that might work, but it is light tan, now exactly my top choice what with the kitchen being the room you go through from outside.

I finished off this evening doing a little cleaning in the bathroom. Again trying to get up some of the construction dust and just a little general cleaning. I think things are looking better now. I need to water my fern again and once I do that I will have a mess to sweep up in the living room.

No comments: