Sunday, November 11, 2007

planted up more containers, plus raked leaves

I raked up my first two bags of leaves in the back yard today. I didn't get all the leaves that I plan to rake up (I'm leaving them on the ground as mulch in some areas) but I did get most of them. I still have a lot of raking in my future as most of the leaves seem to still be on my trees. Guess most of my leaf fall is going to be a bit later this year than it was last year, since I did my major leaf raking about this time last year.

I continued to empty out some of the summer pots. I had this idea to reuse some of the potting soil in the bottom of the winter pots, so I have been dumping the soil in my wheelbarrow and pulling out the roots as best as I can. I potted up one pot of violas, several pots of pansies, both ornamental kales and put the carex and dolche peach melba coral bells in their own pots for this winter. I also got the back yard watered pretty well, but didn't get to the front. I hope to have time to do that tomorrow.

After all that, we went out to Country Boys and got a few more pansies, then Bobbie called and wanted to get the plywood for Neil to use in the bathroom tomorrow. So, we went out and got that and also a wax seal for the toilet, which I realized we left in Bobbie's van. I'll go get that tomorrow AM when I go out to get cash to pay Neil. I also got a pack of broken roofing shingles so I can finally do something about working on the water heater hut. Maybe if it does not look like rain on Wednesday I can paint it Wednesday AM, then maybe work on getting the shingles on Friday when I am off for the day. I need to look up about shingling online somewhere to see exactly what I need to do.

No comments: