Sunday, November 04, 2007

planted some more pansies

Yesterday I was out of town in NC for most of the day, but got back into town and stopped by Country Boys. I had wanted to get some more Crown Golden pansies to put in front of the Masja hydrangea and some others for the porch containers and when I had that all picked out, I was up to 5 packs and a flat is 8 packs and would have only cost $1.50 more, so I got a whole flat.

Back home, I watered all the hydrangeas. Mini Penny and Fuji were wilty again as were new Penny Mac and Marchael Foch, though to a lesser extent. I then planted the pansies in front of Masja, then set to work on the containers. I ended up planting up 5 containers, though I still have more I want to plant. So far I have 4 pots of pansies and one of violas. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the cabbages Bobbie gave me and I would still like to get some pansies in the "shade" border which once the leaves drop will turn into a sun border!

Today I am going back to NC for the morning and should be home to do some yard work in the afternoon.

No comments: