Thursday, November 08, 2007

bathroom repair pt 1 and cheap azaleas

Neil came out to look at the bathroom today and decided he could do the job on Monday. That is great except that mom and I had today off and we both have to work on Monday. We are now both working Monday night and I'm hoping mom will be able to go in at 5 PM, which should be enough time for him to get the job done. I hope!

That left us with a whole day off, but it is too cold to do much work outside. The cold temps are really effecting the leaves on the hydrangeas and I think most are headed toward dormancy ASAP. So, we went around and tried to find the hex tiles I remember seeing earlier this year. I think they must have been at a flooring store, as I did not see them at any of the Lowes or Home Depots we went to. While I was buying mulch at Lowes, I overheard a very interesting conversation. Seems that all the cheap 3 gallon Encore azaleas they keep getting are from a warehouse in Atlanta. Due to the watering restrictions there, they can't water the plants so they keep sending truckloads up here. Now, apparently there was problem with the last order, someone put it in the computer wrong and rather than selling at 2 for $20, they are selling at 4 for $20 or $5 a piece.

Autumn Sangria Encore azalea:
Autumn sangria azalea

Our local Lowes was out of azaleas, so we went over to Woodruff Rd and I got 4 azaleas. One I'm going to give to Norman and the other three I'll figure out where to put at some point in time. If worse comes to worst, they will work well in the border along the fence line with Norman.

No comments: