Wednesday, April 02, 2008

weeding and rain

Spent 3 hours this AM weeding along the side of the house. I plan to try to grow grass here again this year, if I have another failure then I will figure out something different to do, but the chickweed is not going to win! Weeding would be easier if I just hoed the whole area, but as I don't want to get rid of the violets and there seems to be some surviving grass from last year's grass growing efforts, I have to weed carefully.

We had a bit of rain tonight and the weather is calling for rain for the next two days. All my porch pots are still down where they can get some rain.

I swear that my tomato seedlings have grown while I was gone for work. So far, 'Pink Accordian' has more seedlings up that 'Ponderosa'. I'm still waiting for the second 'Ponderosa' cup to sprout and I still need to buy more seed starting soil and start the 'Black Pineapple' seeds as well. Right now the tomatoes are sitting up where the under the counter flourscent lights are on them, but I don't think that will be enough once they really start to grow. I'm afraid they are going to have to try to tough it out outside from an early age.

No comments: