Wednesday, April 30, 2008

grass finally mowed and carpets cleaned

Today was a busy day, as I'd scheduled steam cleaning for the carpets at 8:30 AM and a man to come cut the yard at 9:30 AM. Both were on the late side, but the carpet got done quickly and looks good, though it was still very wet when I left. The grass cutting started a lot later than planned and took quite a while, though it does look good. I've got to do something about trying to get REAL grass to grow in my yard, now that it has been cut, I can really see that large areas look to just be plantain weeds. I keep pulling and pulling...

I got my plant markers in the mail yesterday, but with all the stuff going on today didn't have any time to start writing on them. They look really nice and I can't wait to see how it will look when I label everything. I'm excited. They came from Eon Industries in Ohio, which I found through the Hosta Library.

This evening on my dinner break, I ran out to the bank and got some cash so I could go get a hanging basket at Fisher Orchard (at Dillard Farms). They had some HUGE beautiful baskets of pink million bells and verbena last week and that was what I wanted. Of course, those were all gone this week, but they did have some of the same combination, just not as grown out, so I got one of those and figure it will be fine. They also had really huge, really nice baskets of a peachy million bells combined with black sweet potato vine. I almost got one of those as well but finally decided against it for today, though I may go back later this week.

No comments: