Tuesday, April 22, 2008

'Christmas Tree' planted

I got up a bit earlier than usual this AM with the plan that I would get the new hostas planted before work. Since they were bare root, I let them soak overnight in a bowl of water, but I wasn't sure about leaving them that way for 2 nights, so that meant that I had to do something with them today.

I went out and dug up the area where I wanted to plant 'Christmas Tree', LOTS of roots, but I did my best to dig them out. My neighbor's trees are obviously the type that send out a lot of surface roots, as I always run into a ton when I am digging back there. I got 'Christmas Tree' planted out and watered in. I also put 'Holy Mole' in a 2 gallon pot and potted it up for the time being. I will have to figure out where to put it and its friends.

Today was the tomatoes first day outside. I put them on the porch right up against the house where they would get a few hours of morning sun but hopefully be protected from any strong winds. They seem to have done pretty well. I'll put them back out there tomorrow.

The reticulated irises that I got earlier this year from a woman who comes into work have just started to bloom.

reticulated iris in bloom

No comments: