Sunday, April 13, 2008

veggies in for a few days

The expected cold weather played havoc with my weekend plans, so pretty much all I did was weed, weed, weed and shop for a few new pots. This afternoon I went over to Bobbie's and she gave me a HUGE azalea in full bloom to plant in the hole in my foundation bed. I think I'm going to hire her yard man Tom to come help me plant it. I also want to move the one pieris I do have planted right now because I think it is in too much sun. I saw snowball viburniums at Home Depot for pretty cheap, so I may get one and put it where the pieris is, then move the pieris to the other side of the large beautyberry.

This evening I got all the veggies, coleus and other tender plants in for a few days. I did not cover the hydrangeas and things as they are not calling for frost tonight. Hope there haven't been any last minute changes. The last time I checked the weather, they had revised the projected lows up, so I'm hoping we will have dodged the bullet on this one.

No comments: