Monday, August 20, 2007

still hot, still humid

It is still hot and humid here again today. I watered the yard this morning and watered the impatiens, coleus and potted plants in the back again this evening. The mosquitos were out in force and I really got eaten up.

Now that I have started clearing the brush and have moved the one pieris, I am back in the planning phase of what I want in my yard. I think I am going to get a lorepetulum at Lowes, where they seem to have a good price. I am also putting together a list of hydrangeas I want and I'm going to check the local nurseries to see what I can find. Penny Mac will be easy to find, I'll probably wait until Underwoods has a 20% off sale and get one there. I am going to look for Masja, Altona, Ami Pasquier and Generale Vicomtesse de Vibraye. I have located all four online (Masja down at Park Seed) but I'd like to get them locally if possible. I came across a reference to Happy Plants in Easley having a 50% off sale and I intend to see if that is still going on.

No comments: