Sunday, August 12, 2007

RAIN!!

Early this morning I was woken up by the sound of a thunderstorm and even better... RAIN!! Finally we got some rain, mostly overnight. It was still misting a big when I went out to check out the yard this morning. My rain gauge showed that we got almost an inch. I was planning on watering today, but there was no need after all the rain.

I did spend some time this morning finally getting the front two windows totally scraped. Once it cools down a bit, I can get back to work on the windows on the side of the house. I should be able to get this project done before it is too cold. I also want to wash all the alumnium window trim and work on getting the duct tape residue off of it. These are projects that will be better suited when it is cooler.

The new hydrangeas look like they are doing pretty well this morning. Both were looking perky and I have cut most of the dead leaves off of them so they look a lot better in that respect as well. I read somewhere that variegated hydrangeas need more protection, so I will have to try to think about where I'm going to plant them.

I tried to go to some of the nurseries in town to see what hydrangea varieties they have (I want to know if I can get Masja locally before I order tiny plants from Park Seed) but both I went to were closed today even though I know at least one is usually open on Sundays. Maybe they close on Sundays this month when it is so hot and not at all good for gardening. I figure all the nurseries will get more hydrangeas in stock at the end of this month or start of next month, as I remember seeing a ton of Endless Summers at Underwoods last year when I was first looking at plants.

No comments: