Sunday, August 19, 2007

more brush cutting

It was much more humid today so I have not done as much work in the yard. I watered everything this morning and did a touch of work on the shade border along the side of the house. My main project was cutting down some more of the Chinese privet in the shade border in the area with poison ivy. Removing these essentially small tress has opened up the side of my yard, but I don't think it has made it too open to my neighbors yard. And of course, I plan to plant some neat things in there which will help with the screening. I definitely have room for more hydrangeas now! With the some of the brush gone, I was able to get to what the real point of the whole operation had been, trying to kill the poison ivy. I sprayed it all down with a gel spray that is supposed to work on tough weeds. We shall see... I'll check it all in a few days.

I also cut two big dead limbs off one of the trees in the front side yard AND got all the brush I have cut down hauled up to the front of the yard for the green waste. Although I spent a lot less time in the yard today, I still think it was a productive day.
ewe
This evening we again made dinner with food from the yard. Tonight it was pasta alla norma, which was basically just tomatos, garlic and eggplant cooked to make a sauce, then mixed with little cubes of cheese. I thought it was quite good and would make it again. I still have a few romas left and a few more ripening, so I found another recipe to try. If I can find any romas at the farmer's market I might buy some more and try my hand at making my own sauce.

No comments: