Friday, August 03, 2007

Fuji Waterfall hydrangea

Fuji Waterfall hydrangeaI started work before 9 AM today and now, just before 1 PM my Fuji Waterfall hydrangea is planted. I still have some work to do back there, including building the dam around it to keep the water in when I water. I also want to mulch in the area around it and work on my brick border to extend it. I need to see what the dogs are going to do, as it is at the very tail end of the fence line they run with Norman's dogs. I am quite hot and thirsty and sweaty. Just out of curiosity, I stepped on the scale and I was two pounds lighter than I was this AM before breakfast. Guess that shows how much I sweated out there in the yard!

I did get watering in the front done this morning and did a little grass trimming with the grass shears. I REALLY need to mow the yard, so I might see if I can borrow Bobbie's lawn mower again. If not, I guess I'll go at it with the string trimmer on Sunday.

Fjui Waterfall hydrangea bloomAfter lunch I was able to get the dam built around the hydrangea and extend the brick border. I still need to get to Wal-Mart for some mulch, but that is another task maybe for Sunday. There are too many mosquitos in that area for me to work down there in the evening. I cut a small growing tip that I am trying to root in water right now. I got the Endless Summer to root, so maybe I can work my magic twice! I also pruned some on my tomatos, especially the roma, removing diseased limbs and leaves. Tom continues his comeback, looking good. The soil in his basket was actually sort of dry today, so maybe I have finally gotten a handle on his moisture level.
camellia border

No comments: