Monday, December 03, 2007

water heater hut painted

I have finally gotten the water heater hut painted. It now is painted with 2 coats of Zinser 123 primer/sealer. When I was painted, I realized it had a major design flaw, because the roof did not extend past the front wall, causing water to run directly down the front wall. Initially, I thought that I would have to remove the exisiting roof, but then I realized that there was no reason I could not simply put a larger piece of plywood over the existing roof. So, the hut now has a new, larger roof that does overhang the front of the hut. I got this new roof painted with two coats of primer as well. I have hoping that I will be able to start shingling it on Wednesday. I would also like to get some outdoor white paint and put a real coat of paint on the hut as well, just to try to preserve the wood more, as it is OSB. I will say that that roof overhang did a good job on the sides, the front and roof were the only areas that showed signs of having been wet.

Speaking of wet... my new and newly primed roof got rained on last night, as did my pack of shingles. Hopefully everything is okay.

No comments: