Tuesday, December 25, 2007

sick for Christmas

I had 4 days off at Christmas and I had all sorts of plans. I was going to finish the railing, work out in the yard, maybe even look at trying to wire up the outdoor outlet myself.

Then I got sick and stayed sick. Four whole days off and I've been out in the yard for about 3 minutes. Luckily we got some rain earlier this week so I didn't have to water. None of my projects even got thought about, I didn't even retouch the paint in the bathroom where I caulked last weekend.

The work in the kitchen also cost a bit more than I had initially expected and it is not finished, nor is the bathroom retiled. Those will have to wait at least until after the new year. I had also wanted to get some more frames to finish putting up art in the living and dining rooms. Also tabled... We haven't even gone through the framed artwork we have here at the house to decide what we want to hang.

Pretty much a total waste of 4 straight days off from work. I'm planning to go to the doctor tomorrow AM, as I'm still sick, though it seems to have moved more into my chest now. I really don't feel good.

2 comments:

vicki29566 said...

Ingrid, I found your blog from the "You Grow Girl" garden site,when you wrote about your plants being stolen, last summer.
I have been following your house & garden escapades ever since.
I am also a first time home owner here in Little River. It seems everything costs twice as much & takes three times longer than expected to get accomplished!
We have a cute little house,approx 30 yrs old- it looks very similar to yours. I love living here & the
that feeling of exhilaration when the "things just come together"
I wish you and your Mom a very Happy & Healthy New Year!

ingrid said...

Vicki thanks for your nice comments. Good luck with your house!