Saturday, December 29, 2007

raining again

I am still sick, so nothing is getting done, even though I had the day off. I still didn't get my co-worker's brother called about working on the kitchen countertop, must do that tomorrow. I wanted to get some shoe boxes at Big Lots to work on putting my one closet back together, but we went out to the mall and ended up spending more time there than I planned, and I was totally exhausted. I have to drive right by Big Lots on my way home from work, so hopefully I will remember and stop tomorrow. That will give me something to work on for Sunday.

Last night I couldn't sleep so I ended up putting away clothes and rearranging things in my closet at midnight. Then after that, I spent some quality time trying to figure out what all needed to be done to finish off around the dishwasher. Somehow we need to put in two little (or depending on where we move the dishwasher maybe 1) piece(s) of wood as blanks in the row of cabinets. I think this needs to be done BEFORE the countertop is installed, so actually it will be a two part process. First put in the blanks, then cut and install the counter. I tried to figure out how to put in the blanks and have a few ideas, but I think I need to leave that to someone with more woodworking experience. I would love to get this project FINISHED. I am still living in the land of partially completed projects, which I do not like. All the rain has made working on the railing impossible, so I'm not as worried about that (plus I've basically been too sick to even go out the side door so I haven't really seen it), but I would like to do something about the bathroom floor. I did talk to Neil about that when he was hanging the lights and he said we would need to pull the toilet. So, basically that is on hold until I can get him back out here for a full day. I think right now my plan for that would be to have him work on the outdoor outlet and maybe my dream of a laundry room light while we work tiling the floor. Right now that is all in the future, at this point probably not until February. I will just have to live with plywood in the bathroom until then.

The good news for the yard is we once again had rain today. This is fantastic as I haven't watered for several weeks now. Hope the rain keeps up until I get healthy! I do have a whole bag of bulbs that I have not gotten planted, irises and some left over tulips from my presentation at work. I guess I will dump them in the ground and they will either come up or not. Mom did notice a few weeks ago that my paperwhites under the pear tree have started to send up foliage. I hope they bloom this year.

No comments: