Wednesday, December 05, 2007

finally started shingling

water heater hutWe finally started shingling the water heater hut today and got 3 rows done. I figure I have another 4-5 rows of nailed down shingles left to go. One thing we are buying is a pair of tin snips that we can use to cut the shingles and for other projects. Trying to cut the shingles with a box cutter (and a blade that turned out to be labelled "paper") is not the way to go. We are still running into problems of nails not wanting to go in and I seem to be good at getting nails to go in at an angle, which does not work. The chalk line is easy to use and does seem to be working well. I guess I will resume this project when I am off work on Sunday as I'm going to be out of town on Friday and have to work Saturday. Bad thing about winter is that it is dark when I get home from work and too cold to get a really early start in the morning on any projects (and even if it was warmer, I don't think people would like me hammering at 8 AM).

I am still waiting to hear back from Neil about the leaking sewer pipe. I hope I do hear from him this week, if only to make plans for next week. We also have Dipple Plumbing coming out tomorrow to take a look and make sure all the plumbing from the bathroom was done correctly, since the tub and sink take forever to drain and the plumbing there is only a little over a year old. I also want to find out if they did the plumbing under the sink and get them to look at it, as it has always leaked. And, we need to make sure that the old water heater connections are indeed plumbed in, as they should have been since that is where the water heater was when we closed on the house. I wish I could be off tomorrow AM to help deal with this.

No comments: