Monday, December 10, 2007

operation handrail begins

Mom wants a handrail on the side steps, so I decided that (along with re-glazing windows) was going to be my next project. It is such super nice weather right now, like late spring or early summer that I said I wish I would take Wednesday off until 5 PM, but another co-worker is off. However, my boss did say that I could leave today (which I declined as I wasn't ready to work on any project) or tomorrow. I said tomorrow would be great.

I spent some time today looking at our home improvement books for examples of stair railings. Most of what I saw wasn't any help. So, off to Lowes after work. A nice (and cute!) guy in the lumber department said that yes, I did actually know what I was supposed to do to install the railings. I bought the two main pillars today to start out with. I also got some good help (always nice to find) from another employee who helped me pick out the right fasteners and find the right drill bit. I am all set for tomorrow now!

While I was shopping, Neil called and he will be over tomorrow, which is perfect because my mom has the day off. He said he is also free on Thursday and I said I might want him back then. He is going to deal with the sewer pipe first, then check out the toilet. Next task after that is going to be to see about getting the needed connections for the dishwasher. My dream would be that he would be able to get all the connections for the dishwasher done tomorrow so that we could then have the dishwasher delivered and have it hooked up on Thursday. The reality is probably more like maybe we can get all the dishwasher connections hooked up by Thursday, then have the dishwasher delivered and look into installing it ourselves...

No comments: