Wednesday, December 26, 2007

more decorating

Here are some pictures of the decorations we have up in the kitchen. We also added a few prints to the walls last week.

My collection of baskets. The far right one is a handmade kudzu basket from Georgia:
baskets on top of the cabinets

The quail, the chicken and a teapot. The quail and chicken are Taylor & Ng pieces my mom bought in San Francisco in the 1960s at Takahashi Main Street. We finally located them in storage just recently. The teapot is possibly from Japantown in SF.
quail, chicken and a teapot

In other kitchen news, my co-worker talked to her brother and he thinks he can install the patch piece of kitchen countertop. I need to call him as he wants to look at it to make sure he can do it. The other problem I have is that I can only find the countertop piece in a 6 foot section, which is way more than I need. I'd love to find a 4 foot section as it is a lot cheaper, but no one seems to carry the 4 foot sections in white.

No comments: