Thursday, September 20, 2007

replaced living room register covers

I got the one register cover that was defective returned to Lowes tonight, so now I have all three registers in the living room replaced with new covers. The non-functional register still has the wood cover I bought last fall, but the two functional registers have the antique bronze covers that match the one in the dining room. They look quite nice. I am thinking of getting two in white to replace the register covers in my bedroom. I have one cover in my bedroom replaced currently, but I could move that to the kitchen, where the cover could also stand to be replaced.

I did not get my act together nearly early enough this morning to water, but I figured everything would be okay because I had watered yesterday and it wasn't that hot today. It was pretty windy today and when I came home from work, my pots were bone dry. I watered everything tonight, but I may try to hit some of the pots again tomorrow morning before I go to work. I also want to check on Fuji Waterfall, since it was somewhat droopy when I watered it yesterday.

I spent a few minutes this evening walking around the yard trying to figure out hydrangea placement. I can't quite figure out what I am going to do with the variegated hydrangeas. I have a spot that one looks really good in, but I'm not sure. I have another spot I think might be too shady for some of the hydrangeas, so I could put the variegata there but it is also a pretty prominent place in the yard a as variegata can be an iffy bloomer... Just not sure at this point. At least I have two designated hydrangea spots, one of which is sort of ready for planting. The area for the Generale will take some more clearing before it is ready to go. I also am trying to find out when the Masja hydrangeas are going to be available from Park Seed. So far, they don't seem to have them ready yet. I may end up getting a Masja down in Atlanta, depending on the price.

No comments: