Wednesday, September 12, 2007

a little watering, a little weeding

They keep calling for rain, but it never quite seems to make it. The temps have been lower lately, only into the low 90s at the hottest and it has been pretty windy lately as well.

Today I gave the yard a good watering. Yesterday I had turned the sprinkler on the former location of the laundry post where I am trying to grow grass. I've been hand watering the area daily, but decided to give it a good soak with the sprinkler. When I was hand watering today, I noticed that some grass has already started to sprout. I am hoping I can actually get some grass growing well in this area.

I also did a little bit of weeding. I found some more of that horrid grass weed stuff and tried to pull as much of it as possible out of the yard. I also dug the rest of the grass out from between the loropetalum and the tea olive and filled that area in with mulch.

No comments: