Wednesday, September 19, 2007

daylilies survived scraping

Three of the old fashioned daylilies survived being scraped by the greenwaste folks. When I was watering today, I saw three little areas of green shoots and looked closer and could see some roots. The daylilies had not only survived but mangaed to put out some new growth even with partially exposed roots. The only thing I had on the front of the house to cover the roots was some compost, so I put that over the exposed roots and watered them. I think I may buy some more of the seed starting soil for grass and see if I can get it to cling to the hillside at all and try to seed in the area that is scraped so badly. I don't know what else to do. I've been trying to fix the eyesore that is that ditch and this latest scraping made it look worse than ever.

The grass I seeded in in the back is doing really well, especially the seed that is on that seed starting soil, that stuff has really taken off! I am going to buy some more of that soil and spread it over some of the bare spots and try seeding them in as well.

I put the two rooted hydrangea cuttings outside for the day and we will see how they do. I'm going to bring them inside overnight as it is in the low 60s, high 50s and that might be a bit much for the first few days.

Autumn Amethyst azalea is blooming:
Autumn Amethyst azalea blooms

No comments: