Wednesday, September 19, 2007

potted up 'Fuji Waterfall'

I potted up the larger 'Fuji Waterfall' cutting Monday night. So far, after about 24 hours in the dirt it is doing well. It had about 8-10 little roots growing out of the stem, so I am hoping that is enough. I was trying to leave it in the water until the roots got longer, but they didn't seem to be getting longer, just getting more roots. And, as it is already mid-September, I wanted to try to get it actually rooted in dirt and growing before it was time to go dormant. The other cutting is just now starting to put out of few roots. I did lose one of the two remaining 'Mini Penny' cuttings, it totally withered away and died. The one remaining cutting looks okay, it is still green though its two remaining leaves have gotten dry and brown on the ends. I'm trying to start moving it outside for part of the day. I'm wondering if the inside conditions are part of its problem.

No comments: