Monday, October 22, 2007

playing hydrangea fairy

I have been waiting and watching and waiting for Endless Summers to get marked down. I had been hoping to find some in the $3-4 range, but today at Lowes they were 50%, $6.98. So, I bought three. One for Bobbie, who has had a terrible time with her hydrangea not blooming, one for Norman my neighbor who had to leave all his hydrangeas behind at his old house and one for Jane if she wants one for $6, if not taht one I'll keep.

I delivered Bobbie's to her this evening. I had my mom make up a little sign for the one for Norman and I'll leave it on his porch tomorrow morning. The sign says:

"Hi, I'm "Endless Summer"! The Hydrangea Fairy left me. I like morning sun and afternoon shade. My favorite thing in the whole world is WATER. I LOVE water!"

Speaking of water, we got about 1/2" of rain today and it sprinkled for most of the day. We are supposed to have a chance of rain for the next three days, hope it comes as promised! I still have not gotten Debutante planted and I won't get to it this weekend with being out of town. So, I will be November before that plant gets in the ground. I did check the upcoming weather forcast for November and currently the lowest temp they are predicting is only 36, so it looks like we could go through November without any frost. WOW, and the initial reports had been calling for an early frost this year.

No comments: