Thursday, October 18, 2007

just a little bit of rain

The weather forcast was calling for rain and we did get some today but just a tiny sprinkling, not enough to do any good. We are supposed to get more rain tomorrow, so I hope it will be more than just enough to mess up your windshield.

I didn't get around to posting yesterday, but due to allergies and other things I just haven't been feeling too up to doing much the last few days. Yesterday I did manage to pot up the Romance hydrangea from Park Seed that arrived Tuesday night. I also got the Penny Mac on Tuesday, but it will remain it its pot and probably just get sunk in the ground for the winter. Today when I cam home from work Masja was waiting for me on the porch. The Romance is TINY, so hopefully it will survive the winter. I plan to move its pot along the side of the house next to the water heater once it gets cold.

Part of the shade border, with the potted Romance (in the brown pot), potted Lemon Balm, Endless Summer, So Sweet Hosta and perilla.

hydrangeas in the shade border

Then plan for tomorrow is to plant the Masja that I got today. It is in a 4" pot, but has growth that is almost a foot tall and multiple shoots at that. It will be planted next to the small beautyberry. I also want to get some more pansies to work in the area adjacent to the annual bed. I still have pretty blue pansies, both a 6 pack and the leftovers of the landscape pack. Not sure what pot I want to put the 6 pack in, but if we ever get some rain I am planning on planting the rest of the landscape pack over near the Generale to add some winter color to that area.

Pretty Fuji Waterfall bloom, still going in October.
Fuji waterfall bloom

No comments: