Thursday, March 06, 2008

someone picked my daffodils

When I left for work this AM, I saw that I had what looked like 5-6 fully open daffodils. When I came home from work today I only had 2 and one that was partially open. Someone picked my daffodils!

I realize that the are right along the street and if I had a ton of blooms it woudln't upset me, but geez folks... I went out again and actually counted FOUR snapped stems, three of them all in one little patch.

Well, I have some more patches with bloom stalks and some other foliage that hasn't even sent up bloom stalks yet so hopefully I will get some more blooms.
daffodil bloom

On another plant, the native creeping phlox is really starting to put on a show and it is creeping up the foundation of the house. Too cool!

native creeping phlox

No comments: