Wednesday, March 05, 2008

over 1" of rain yesterday

brandywine hellebore blooms

We had a big storm yesterday and got over 1" of rain and also some hail. It never really cold though and it doesn't look like any of the plants were damaged by the hail. The heavy rains bent over the two blooming daffodils I had, but I have a bunch more whose blooms are starting to open. Now I just have to worry about the cold temps forcast for overnight on Friday night.

Just found out this evening that I am working on Saturday this week, so I'll have Friday to work in the yard, maybe fertilize the hollies and the Miss Biloxi camellias.

Debutante is still blooming:
another debutante bloom

Hyacinths- back for another year in the pot:
hyacinth blooms

1 comment:

Gardening for Fun said...

So sorry about your daffodils. I hate people who do wrong things without regard for others.

I love daffodils and when we get a house, I'll plant some.