Sunday, January 13, 2008

new couch, new lights

I went out to breakfast yesterday AM with Bobbie while my mom stayed home and waited for Jeff Lynch and Salvation Army. Salvation Army showed up shortly after I left and took the couch without really looking at it. Then Jeff Lynch called, from outside our house, so say they were earlier than expected, so when I got home from breakfast and a few errands, the new couch was in its place.

new couch

It warmed up into the mid-50s yesterday and I was able to get a little weeding done in the foundation beds. I have a bunch of weird mushrooms growing in them. Don't know what that means, I'll have to look it up at work. I pulled up the mushrooms I did find. I need to get out there when it is warmer and spend some more time working. There is clover that needs to be dug up again and the whole area really needs some more mulch. I also have to figure out what I am going to do where the ajuga is/was. It is really doing poorly. My current thinking is to dump some planting soil in that area, so it is no longer lower than the surrounding area and then either replant ajuga or plant some more hellabores. Of course, ajuga would be A LOT cheaper, but I just don't know. It is too cold right now for me to want to be outside for a long time.

Today we wanted to take some stuff back over to storage. We both spent the morning hanging up some more artwork. In the afternoon, we went over to storage and took over some boxes, plus the Christmas wreaths. I also found the blue wood chest of drawers I wanted to bring over and emptied it. We also realized that there is finally room in the house for the marble-topped table, so we brought that over as well. I still need to clean off the stickers I stuck on the marble as a child (ARGGGGGHHHH!!!).

under cabinet lights

On the way home we stopped at Home Depot to look at a few things. While looking at something else, we remembered that we wanted to see about under-cabinet lighting. The cheapest lights would not link together and were also 18", which we thought might be too long. We ended up getting some slim-line lights that came in 7 1/2" and 13" (we got one of each). I had a little bit of trouble installing them initially because I always manage to forget to use a starter nail or drill when I'm trying to screw stuff into wood. Once I had holes made by the starter nail, the installation whent pretty smoothly. I used some of the old cable tacks I had to tack the cords up on the underside of the cabinets. It REALLY adds a lot more light to the area where we do most of our cooking. The kitchen is really coming along!

debutante blooms

No comments: