Friday, January 11, 2008

fluffing the old couch

I heard my cell phone go off at work today and when I checked it this afternoon, it was a message from Jeff Lynch, they are going to deliver my new couch tomorrow. Wow, I figured it would be in some time this month, but it wasn't exactly expected yet. I'll be home tomorrow so that is not the problem, but they old couch is. I called Miracle Hill but they can't pick up couches until next week. Salvation Army could send a truck out tomorrow, but the truck driver would have to decide if it is good enough for them to take. The one corner of the couch is broken down but other than that I think it is okay, so I had to try to make sure my couch would not be rejected by Salvation Army. I cleaned off the arms, then sprayed the whole thing down with fabric freshener (I need to buy some more now). Tomorrow AM I will vacumn it out again, which I just did about a month ago. Hopefully they will accept it or I guess I'll just have to drag it out into my front yard for someone to take. Don't have any idea when the couch will be delivered or when Salvation Army will come. Need to call Jeff Lynch tomorrow to find out the scheduled delivery time. Last time they were super early.

old couch
old couch- take me please!

Azali- framed at lastI am finally feeling pretty healthy again, so the plan for the weekend is to pack up the rest of the Christmas stuff, take some boxes over to storage and work on re-organizing my mom's room. Earlier this week I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a new 22 X 28 frame, which I used to reframe the print in over the mantle in the living room. Its old frame went into my room to frame up "Azali's Domain" which I've wanted to frame since I bought it, oh say 7 years ago. I still need to get a mat cut for it, so I will have to head back over to Hobby Lobby in the next week or so. I do want to buy some more frames there for the other two big posters for the dining room and for some more prints in the living room, but I think that will have to wait a few more paychecks.

mantle, January 2008

As for the kitchen and the bathroom... it is looking like those two projects are going to have to wait until next month more than likely. Oh well, things are workable, if not exactly wonderful looking now, and we can certainly live with them as they are for the time being.

I'm also hoping it will be nice this weekend so I can work in the yard some. The chickweed really wants to take over, especially as I have not done much in the yard in almost a month. I did fertilize all my pansies when I watered the yard last weekend. Now that the dogs have eaten both my ornamental cabbages, I finally have somewhere to plant my pink pansies. I need to do that this weekend and water all the plants on the porch well. My coleus indoors continue to look decent and my fern continues to look sad. If the weather is above 30 at night I may but the fern back outside. I would also really like to finally get the Bradford Pear leaves raked up in my front yard.

1 comment:

Weathervane said...

I googled "Azali's Domain" to find out what it is, and the only reference is on your site (two citations). Congratulations for being the only one among millions-and-billions of Web sites to contain "Azali's Domain."

There's a Web site:

http://www.freecycle.org/

that coordinates things you want to give away with people who would like them. Their lists localize to the area you register in so that you don't get contacts from places-too-far-away to do-any-good. If you still have your couch, try FreeCycle. Or maybe for next time. (Someone might take your mom, and you'd have more room in the house ;-)

Oh, and you can always contact me, I have a basement where I keep stuff that might be useful (but not your mom :-)