Thursday, June 28, 2007

trying to make future plans

Today was another bad allergy day and when I went outside for just a short time tonight I got eaten alive by bugs. I just watered a bit this AM and other than that did nothing but work and help make dinner today. It was supposed to rain tonight starting at 7, but as of now it is still dry. The weather report did call for 4 days of rain starting today so I'm hoping we get at least some of what they are calling for.

I am off tomorrow but working on Saturday and I'm trying to make plans. I really want to work on trying to get the woodwork in the laundry room painted. This has been something I've needed to do since last oh... September... Maybe tomorrow, as it is too hot and buggy to do much in the yard. Also, now that we have the drill I would like to get a shelf put up in the laundry room. Another project to tackle is actually hanging the shade in the living room. I think that one might be easier if I wait until my mom is home to help out, not sure...

I need to get a string trimmer to cut the yard, as I just can't afford a lawn mower right now and we've never seen about getting Bobbie's fixed. I think I may go to Wal-Mart tomorrow and get one, maybe I can get some of the grass cut if it isn't too hot tomorrow.

My fairly new hanging basket of verbena is looking pretty terrible. At first thought, I'd say it was lack of water, but I've watered it almost every day. Now I'm wondering if it is a combination of too much water and no fertilizer or what. I need to find some fish emulsion to add to my hanging baskets as I really don't want to go down the road of spraying them twice a week with Miracle Grow. The verbena I have planted at the front of the perennial bed are also not looking good. I think they have powdery mildew. I've treated them several times and only one looks really bad, but they are all out of bloom. I'm trying to decide if I should keep them as is, cut them back or pull them out and put in something else. I also really need to find something to replace the pansies! They look pretty horrible by now.

No comments: