Sunday, June 24, 2007

too hot

Today it is in the 90s again and very humid. We got a little rain overnight so I only watered the vegetables this morning. The weather report is calling for scattered showers every day until Wednesday, so hopefully they are right as we could use the rain. I wanted to get a rain gauge today, but couldn't find any at Lowes or Home Depot. I want to go out to Wal-Mart later in the day to get some cilantro seeds and maybe some more zinnia seeds and maybe even a string trimmer. I also need to get to Big Lots and get some sort of spray bottle to mix the horticultural oil in. I discovered a bunch of bugs on the cutting of my mallow I was trying to root. I think both mallows may be infested by some sort of bug. I will need to add them to the list of plants I want to spray.

smokey_62407
Smoky Mountain Autumn

The daylilies I planted yesterday all seem to be doing well. Smoky and Unloosed both bloomed this morning and I was able to get pics of the blooms. Think that might be it for Smoky, unless it decides to rebloom and puts out some new scapes. Nothing is coming right now. I got the other Margaret planted in the front yard this morning and she looks great. She is a lot taller than the little plants I planted back in April from the clumps I bought and divided. I could probably have divided all the daylilies I bought, but the Lily Lady said to leave them alone to grow for as long as 4 years (wow!). And, as I was somewhat limited on space where I wanted to put them, that worked out fine.

unloosedjoy_62407
Unloosed Joy

No comments: