Saturday, June 23, 2007

more daylilies

daylilies_62307Today I went back to the Lily Lady to get another Mattie Mae Maxwell. I ended up getting 3 other daylilies as well: Unloosed Dreams, Frank Gladney, and Smokey Mountain Autumn. I planted Joy, Frank and Autumn back at the edge of the woodland garden along with Fairy Tale Pink. I am going to plant the Mattie in the front yard to replace the one that died. I will probably do that tomorrow morning, as it is quite hot and that area is full sun. The others are in part shade, but they do get sun in the morning, so hopefully that is enough for them to perform well. If not, i will move them next year I guess.

hydrangea_62307I also went to JFS and bought 2 hostas today, Diamond Tiara and Silver something or other that was brand new. I guess they sold the beautyberries well this year or they didn't far well in the frost as I didn't see any of the big beautyberries they had last year. I'm glad mine are doing well and said I'd bring a pic of the silver hosta once it got growing in my yard. I also found out that the nameless hosta is Undulata Variegata. Apparently it is the cheapest hosta on the market (though I don't see it at the big box stores). I still really like it and when the weather cools off I might get a few more for the yard.

No comments: