Sunday, December 31, 2006

kitchen painting done

Another rainy day today and after getting home from Goose Creek late last night it was hard to get motivated this AM. I did finally get the kitchen painting done, having put another coat of white on the bottom part of the former water heater corner and then doing a few final touch-ups.

I also taped off almost all the crown moulding in the laundry room, but I ran out of tape. What with the bad weather and all I just didn't feel up to making a Home Depot run just for painter's tape. I still need to get a shelf for the laundry room as well and I think I will get some smaller drywall anchors to try to hang the shelf with.

We still have so much stuff in storage that either needs to come into the house or go to Goodwill. I am hoping that in the next week or so we will finally get a cabinet to use as a pantry in the kitchen, which should help with the "stuff" situation some.

The weather report is calling for more wet weather tomorrow, so there will be no yard work, but I will try to get some more painter's tape and hopefully get the crown moulding painted at least in the laundry room. Maybe I can also work on going through my closets a bit more. So far the double rod closet is working very well. It gives my clothes more space, though even with two rods it is pretty full and I have to wonder how I ever crammed everything onto one rod!

No comments: