Friday, December 22, 2006

rain, rain, rain

I have the day off from work today and it is cold and raining. I have to take the dogs to the vet this afternoon so haven't even been sufficiently inspired to try to do any of the painting that does need to be done.

Did go out and survey the yard, looking for any puddling areas. The good news is that none of my plants or planned beds are in areas with standing water. The bad news is there is a whole area of standing water down the center of my yard and there is pretty much a lake where my garbage can is. I half expect it to float away at any minute.

I would like to get a different doorknob to put on the closet door in the dining room, then move the knob that is on it now to my mom's room door (it is the same as the knob on my room door). I would like to try to put the porcelain knobs on bathroom door, but I really need some sort of rosettes first. I am going to go down to visit Sue at some point and thought I might try to get all the way down to Charleston to go to Charleston Hardware.

No comments: