Sunday, April 15, 2007

flowers for the back yard

It was raining this AM, then very cold and windy for the rest of the day, so I really didn't do much in the yard at all today. I potted up the other pennyroyal and set it by the front porch, to keep the bugs away. I also started the peppermint twist zinnia seeds in a plastic pot. The idea is that the pot will go by the one gate post for decoration and maybe I can even cut a few zinnias for decoration in the house. I also potted up the 6 salmon colored petunias I got yesterday, 5 in one big pot that will add color to the yard and help protect the tea olive and one in the pot the lilys came in as I don't currently know what to do with it.

I am planning on getting a tumbling tom tomato for one of my co-workers and it sounded so cute I decided to get one for myself. Today I bought a bronze plastic hanging basket that I hope will work for it. If not, it will be great for flowers on the side of the gazebo, but I'm really thinking it will work for the tomato.

We went over to storage today and got the brackets and the hanging baskets, but the bad weather did not make either of us really want to climb a ladder, so maybe we will get them installed on Wednesday.

No comments: