Wednesday, April 11, 2007

back outside

The weather was warmer today (high in the mid 50s, low in the low 50s) so I decided to move all the plants outside today. A few of the plants are on the porch for the day as we are having rain all day and I thought they might be happier there. I also potted up almost all of the plants we bought at right before the cold snap.

Today I potted up:
2 yellow bell peppers
1 eggplant
1 spearmint
1 peppermint
1 chocolate mint
1 sweet basil
1 stevia

I now need to get some more potting soil. I may or may not have enough pots, but if I do give some herbs to the neighbors, I'll need to get another 12" pot for them. I am going to put the purple basil and one sweet basil in the same container, hopefully they won't influence each other's flavor too much or crowd each other out or anything. I have decided I need to go back to the plant sale tomorrow at lunch and get a pack of rosemary and a pack of oregano. Still debating the habenero peppers.

The daylilies I planted last night look good. The expensive ones from the lily lady are looking pretty wilted. Not sure what their problem is. Maybe the rain and then warm sunny weather tomorrow will perk them up.

No comments: