Wednesday, March 21, 2007

new brick borders

I still need to plant the 2 yews, but just didn't feel up to it today, hopefully this weekend. I am rapidly heading into a time when I will need to mow my yard though, so I decided to try to do something about the mulch that is getting everywhere.

So, today I worked on reworking the border to the woodland garden (I was having to step over part of the border to get to my tool shed) and making brick borders around my camellia beds. That went pretty well, and I used some more of the bricks from beside the shack. I did unearth a few yucky bugs while doing that. After I raked the mulch back into the general area and added the bricks, I realized I definately have a little weeding to do.

Despite my best efforts at seeding, I can't get grass to grow where it is not currently growing. The grass does seem to grow very well back in the area where the camellia beds are. So, I tried to eliminate some of that grass and dig out any wild onions. I got part of the one bed weeded out, the other one (with the three Toms) isn't a weedy. I also chopped out some more of the junk privet. I will put down newspaper along the fence line and then extend the mulch all the way back there. I think I'm going to go to Wal-Mart and pick up a few more bags of mulch for that whole area.

No comments: