Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Still more planting

I seem to be having trouble keeping this consistantly updated, but on days when little happens and I'm home late, I don't think to write.

Today I am working nights so this AM I went out and decided to try to do some more work in the yard, as we had had a lot of rain yesterday.

I still had leftover unammended dirt from planting the Rose of Sharon, so I used that to fill in the two ankle breaker holes in the back yard. Then I decided to put in the big 5 gallon Mountain Fire Pieris that I had bought at Home Depot. Again it was a lot of digging and I ran out of bins to put dirt in, but at least the digging was fairly easy going as the ground was pretty soft from all the rain yesterday. Did have a bit of trouble getting the Pieris out of its pot and of course again had the whole the hole is too deep, now its too shallow problem that seems to plague me whenever I try to plant anything.




















The Mountain Fire Pieris before and after planting.

I also planted 15 puschkinia bulbs. I have no idea what they are, but they seem to be some sort of white flower with blue stripes. Who knows if they will bloom but they were only $2.99 at Big Lots. After all that, it was time to get ready for work.

This weekned I will either go to Greensboro for a dog show, or stay home and plant more of the plants. Still have a 1 hellabore, 1 hydrangea, 1 abelia, 1 forsythia, 1 tea olive and 3 hostas left to plant. YIKES!!!!!!!!!

So far I have planted 6 camellias, 2 beautyberries, 2 Pierises and 1 Rose of Sharon

No comments: