Monday, November 13, 2006

fireplace area is finished


Last night I painted the fireplace surround the wall color in the living room and today I looked at it an decided that it does not need a second coat of paint. So, the blue tape is gone and I got the TV stand repositioned in front of the bricked in fireplace. Had a little snag trying to get the DVD player set up, but we now have a working DVD and TV.

I also got another poster I ordered off ebay in the mail today. I just need to have some extra money to buy some frames and then I will be able to get some more artwork on the walls. We do need to go through some of the framed prints and try to decide what we will put on what walls. One of the main problems we are haivng is that a lot of our artwork is small and with some decent sized expanses of blank wall, it will look better with slightly larger artwork. I do have several prints I want framed, but they are a non-standard size, so I will also have to have mats, which adds to the costs.

My original plan for this evening had been doing some touchup painting, so I stopped at Lowes on the way home to buy 2 more small paint trays. I also tried to find where they had closet orginization things so I could buy another clothes rod for my closet, but got tired before I could find what I was looking for. On the way to the checkout, I happened to go past all the heating register covers. Since I have baseboard registers, up to now all I've seen really is a few yucky looking white register covers and expensive oak covers that Home Depot only carries in 18" size. Lowes has some baseboard covers that were in a pattern they called wicker, which was very geometric. Not only did it come in white, but also in an antique bronze color, which was about $20 for a 15" size. I think I will have to buy one of these for the dining room when I have some extra money, as that vent is very visable and the bronze will look a lot better than the slightly bent white cover that is there now.

My goal for tomorrow night now is to do the rest of the touchup painting in my rooms (except for the crown moulding, maybe I'll do that this weekend).

No comments: