Monday, October 09, 2006

Painting woodwork

This AM Dipple Plumbing came out to replace the water pipes for the washer and also hooked up our washing machine, so we now have a functional washer! James *SAID* he would be over this AM to work on the house when I talked to him on the phone, but he never showed up, so it has now been a week without any further work on the power box.

I stopped and talked to George for a few minutes when I stopped by the house after work, then Bobbie came over to help out, so I didn't get a chance to check on the plants, but mom had watered them this AM.

Bobbie lent me her sander and it really helped with one window sill that had TONS of splotchy paint on it.

After she left, I went to work on painting the woodwork in the living room. Made decent progress, about 1 1/2 walls done with two doors done and all the baseboards done on those walls. The part that had dried looked great from across the room, IMO. I also developed my own technique for painting down by the carpet and hopefully didn't get too much paint on the carpet. Of course, forgot my camera again, so still no photos of the work I have done.

No comments: